How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33738
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husbands ex wife filed a protection order on him before

Customer Question

My husbands ex wife filed a protection order on him before we met. She is one that files them and then drops them constantly.. When he and I married there was a protection order filed by her .. She started calling him and asking him over and asking to come and do things. As if she was trying to get back with him causing him to cheat on me and do me wrong.. She got mad at him I've day and signed a warrant on him saying he violated it there is other charges in result of this and it has turned in to a huge mess. I have proof if the phone calls and text from her with witness's and that they even got motel rooms together . I also have prrif that she lied when she filed the protection. Order. Can I get the charges against my husband dropped ..and how ??
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 11 months ago.

Does your husband have a lawyer yet?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
he was court appointed. But honestly I have provided what evidence he has and I don't feel that he is going to use the evidence and that my husband is going to be wrongfully charged. Yes he may have also violated it but she was having him do it. The protection order states that both parties refer back to the divorce papers and the divorce papers state that she should only have contact with him through his parents
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 11 months ago.

The only way you can do anything is through the lawyer. That includes providing proof, etc.

It is unusual for charges to just be dismissed so the court appointed lawyer may be waiting to file a formal motion with the court or else to get the complainant on the witness stand and haver her further perjure herself before using the evidence you provided. In addition, the Rules of Evidence require evidence to be provided to the court in a certain way (depending on the evidence). The lawyer may be trying to get these predicate met before using it.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.