How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was placed in treatment care on March 17, by CYFD

Customer Question

My son was placed in treatment foster care on March 17, by CYFD this was during his 48 hour hold. My attorney has done nothing. I was adjudicated on 5/23 for Abuse At risk. No court documents from that date have ever been filed. Also there was no dispositional hearing. I am working to have my attorney removed, then have case dismissed. I would like an ombudsman to assist
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New Mexico--
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: THere was an adjudicatory hearning that was not filed; there was no dispositional hearing I have filed a motion on my own to have my attorney removed. THen I will file to have the case dismissed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My son was put in treatment foster care without documentation or evidence regarding need for care
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
You may contact customer service at to ask for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####