How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter lives in Texas and she has a baby. She is living

Customer Question

My daughter lives in Texas and she has a baby. She is living with the father. He is abusive to her not physically but mentally. If she wanted to leave him and then leave the state would she lose custody of her baby?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no. but we have text message from her laying out things.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 9 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 9 months ago.

Just to be clear, they are NOT married and there is no court order or custody agreement in place at this time?

Related Family Law Questions