Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.
Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry and I will be back.
You may want to look into filing a motion to enforce the divorce decree AND also filing a response to your ex's motion for reduction. If you have no written proof of his omitted income, then you may want to look into conducting written discovery during the litigation so that you can obtain the needed proof. Once such proof is received, you may want to look into attaching that evidence to your motions along with a supporting affidavit. You may also need to testify on the witness stand under oath at any hearings regarding these issues to prove up the unreported income sources.
(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information. If you need or want legal advice or services regarding a particular matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer of your choice who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.
(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.
1. (so that I can understand what to do, and do it correctly)
As mentioned in my disclaimer, please view this information as an educational tool to help you understand when and with respect to what areas you may need to hire a local lawyer.
2. If I were doing this for myself, I would file both a motion to enforce and an opposition to the motion for reduction.
3. For written discovery one thing I might consider doing is using a request for production of documents. Here is a sample form for you to use as a GO-BY to develop your own.
4. A motion or response has three components; the substantive law, the procedural law, and the evidence or supporting facts. The affidavit is used to present the evidence/facts under oath. But, it may not preclude the requirement of testifying at the hearing also.