How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyCBradford Your Own Question
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 643
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family Law Attorney serving California Statewide
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyCBradford is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Wondering if there is a place on the web that has examples

Customer Question

Wondering if there is a place on the web that has examples of JCC Statements
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: California I am self represented and wondering if there are websites that have examples Im the respondent the self represented parent has not filed a JCC statement, so I can really reply with answers as he has so many reasons he wantss to take me to court and the oriignal petition seems different then his current ask! Santa Clara County
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes, i cant afford my current lawyer so have to go tomorrow on my own
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that it is tomorrow! at 10a
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyCBradford replied 10 months ago.


I would be glad to assist you as our firm takes cases in your county. Here is a website with the information for a JCC conference from the Court.

Here is the link to the form you would need:

I hope this has answered all your questions. If you have further questions please do not hesitate to ask and I will respond as soon as I can. If your questions have been answered please accept this answer and provide positive feedback.

Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do I need to have response ready if the Father did not file a JCC statement and he is the petitioner?
My case has my current attorney signed, do I need to change that before the court appointment tomorrow at 10a, as she wont be attending as I dont have another $$ retainer available at this moment?
Expert:  AttyCBradford replied 10 months ago.

Yes, you should have your attorney file a substitution of attorney before the hearing, and bring your JCC statement to the hearing. Normally they would have ben filed ahead of time, but you can inform the court that you were left at a last minute, due to your attorney no longer representing you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is there ever a best argument on to why not to change a schedule from 3-4-4-3 to 2-2-5?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
One that judge would like?

Related Family Law Questions