How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34530
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My in-laws recently decided to not live together anymore and

Customer Question

Hi , my in-laws recently decided to not live together anymore and not get at divorce as long as my father in law supported my younger brother-in-law's need's till he finishes college . But the thing is my father in law hasn't kept his word and my mother in law is trying her best but sometimes its not really enough, now what I was wondering was , since they're not divorced , and they're basically still married is there a way where my mother-in-law can have my father in law sign a contract agreement stating that he has to help support my brother-in-law till he graduates college .
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

What you are describing is referred to as a "post nuptial agreement". It is possible to make such a contract...and enforce the contract if he does not follow it. But you will need to have a local attorney prepare it for you...and, perhaps more important, he will need to agree to the terms and sign the contract.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Related Family Law Questions