How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald-Esquire Your Own Question
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4068
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Gerald-Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sons father has given me from the day 1 he didn't want to

Customer Question

my sons father has given me hell from the day 1 he didn't want to proved for our son when I asked for 5 months so I filed for child support was able to get child support after he denied our child and we got the paternity test. now 2 years later I am still being harassed any time he decide he thinks he has something to say. he has seen our son maybe a total of 10 times in two years and I was harassed today by his girlfriend at work that I never met before but she knew me I had no clue who she was tell a coworker stated her name. I don't want him in our lives anymore I work way to hard for me and my son to have our own home car and food and everything we need I cant keep up with them! what can I do
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 11 months ago.


Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Clearly the father does not want to be involved. He just wants to try to control you and give you grief whenever possible.

Since he does not want to be involved with your son you are correct to stop pursuing that. You will be far better off not dealing with the father at all in a direct manner. Since you have custody of your son you need not take any action other than to obtain the child support that you are due.

So the best thing for you to do is communicate with him ONLY through the legal system. If you have an Order for child support have the collection of the support processes through the Division of Child Support:

That way you do not have to deal with the father to obtain the support.

Keep a journal and maintain records of any harassment threats or intimidation. Try to obtain witness statements from fiends or coworkers who witness these events. Once you have sufficient evidence you can pursue a No Contact Order throguh the courts. Once the No Contact Order is in place he will be at risk for contempt charges if he or his girlfriend contact you.

Seek out a local Family Law Attorney to help you with this. It will be worth a little money to do these things correctly so that you can put yourself in the best position for you and your son.

You can find a local attorney here:

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.