Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Court issued child support payment amount mother verbally

Customer Question

court issued child support payment amount
mother verbally said to defendant that he didn't need him to pay it because she was ok
more than ten yrs later, (she had never requested payment in any way) she was angered when he agreed with their son on a career choice and filed for "back support" voiding the "verbal agreement of years earlier. court granted her motion without regard.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 9 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

I certainly understand the situation and concern. The reason that this was granted is because the father of the child has a legal obligation to support the child and support is for the child's needs. The money goes to the child and the mother can not waive the child's rights, to what they are entitled to. Moreover, no consideration or anything was given by the father, in exchange for not having to pay this, so even though the mother said not to worry about it, it is not a legal basis to not have to pay.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.