How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MIAMILAW1127 Your Own Question
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 755
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
MIAMILAW1127 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is drunk every day gets in my face and cannot

Customer Question

My husband is drunk every day gets in my face and cannot remember a conversation from two minutes ago. What are my options?
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Nee York
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The short answer is you can get a divorce or you can stay in the marriage.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What rights do I have to get my husband out of the house?
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 11 months ago.

Is he on title to the house?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
but we have been married 24 years
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 11 months ago.

Then the only way he would be forced to leave the house without you divorcing him would be if he became violent and you got a restraining order.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I What if he is drunk on a daily basis. Verbally abusive with police calls in the past
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can I call the police the next time he is drunk and have him removed?
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 11 months ago.

Yes, but there needs to be a threat of violence.