How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2129
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Kansas, how do I request a paternity test so I can

Customer Question

I live in Kansas, how do I request a paternity test so I can have my daughter last name changed to my last name. My girlfriend & I broke up for a few monthes & her ex signed the birth certificate
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Kansas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I really don't have the money to hire a lawyer
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my girlfriend & I are back together
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 9 months ago.

you need to file what is called a suit affecting the parent child relationship so that you can be adjudicated the father. You would also ask for a paternity test and if you are the father, the judge can order a state agency to amend the birth certificate and change the child's name.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 9 months ago.

If you have no further questions a positive rating would be appreciated

Related Family Law Questions