How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2129
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A credit card company has a judgement against me. They are

Customer Question

A credit card company has a judgement against me. They are requesting $2000 a month from me. The problem is now I can not pay my spousal and child support if this happens. My employer says that is 25 per cent of my disposable income. My employer does not know that I have this obligation since I pay it from my personal account. If I show them my divorce agreement, do you think that obligation (support) payments will be considered before any money is given to the credit card company?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 9 months ago.

You need to have a lawyer negotiate an alternate payment plan that allows you to repay the judgement without affecting your child/spousal support obligation. It is really not up to your employer so showing them the divorce decree really does little. You need to have the judge who ordered the credit card payments to adjust the payments based on your current support obligations. Those usually take precedence.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 9 months ago.

If you have no further questions and positive rating would be greatly appreciated

Related Family Law Questions