How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2156
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

According to my divorce decree I am entitled to a portion of

Customer Question

According to my divorce decree I am entitled to a portion of my ex husband's 401K and he is ordered by the judge to keep me informed of his whereabouts. He will not answer my calls or texts and His former employer won't help me claim the 401k funds. I am disabled and need this money immediately. The decree does not state that I must wait until he cashes in for me to get the money. What can I do to force him to honor the signed court order?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I want a refund IMMEDIATELY!!
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this. You need to file a motion to enforce your divorce decree. You need to register the Texas decree in North Carolina so that they have jurisdiction to enforce it.