Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

What can I do to stop an ex from harassing me.

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
10/11/2016
Family Lawyer: Stacy Adkins, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Stacy Adkins
Stacy Adkins, Lawyer

Hi Rex, thanks for your question. Can you clarify what type of harassment you are experiencing?

Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your ex is harassing you, that is making contact or engaging in conduct towards you that serves no purpose other than to annoy or harass, then you can go to the local court and file for an anti-harassment civil no contact order, which would be an order from the court to cease the conduct. If they continue after being served with the order, then you can notify the police and they will be arrested for contempt of the court order.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer