How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 29981
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am getting ready to file a motion to enforce a refinancing

Customer Question

I am getting ready to file a motion to enforce a refinancing with a house and to get my name of the mortgsge and deed of a house that I do not live in and my ex-husband does. What is the suggested timetable to enforce a deadline to refinance??
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 10 months ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

It can take the bank time to approve a loan and get all the paperwork together. Or if your ex-husband wants to shop around a little, that can take time. But it wouldn't be unreasonable to ask that he be required to refinance the property within 60-90 days or produce evidence that he's been applying for loans and getting declined. The judge can't make a bank give him a loan, so documentation from the bank is important if he's going to try to claim it's not possible. Another option is to ask that he provide proof of refinancing approval within, say, 30 days. The loan wouldn't have closed yet, but he should be able to at least give you documentation to show that it's coming. That could be done as part of the same motion.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Did you have any other questions about this?