Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My marriage has fallen apart, there were domestic abuses…

Customer Question
My marriage has fallen apart...
My marriage has fallen apart , there were domestic abuses from the woman I couldn't stand the heat I moved out. I left her with my two children and a property which I bought on mortgage.
I stoped the mortgage payments because she refused to accept moving to a smaller accommodation which I rented for her and the kids . My last daughter is now 18 , my mortgage years is running out and I'm due to retire in 2 yrs time . Can I ask her to sell the property to pay back the bank . I want to move on and restart my life. If she doesn't want to sell how can I take my name of the property and also get my share of the profit .how is the profit calculated between two of us .
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
10/9/2016
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok looking forward to hear frm u

Can I ask her to sell the property to pay back the bank .

Response 1: You can. However, if she refuses, then you would have file Petition for Partition of the Property and ask the Court to order her to buy you out or sell the property and give you your share.

I want to move on and restart my life. If she doesn't want to sell how can I take my name of the property and also get my share of the profit .

Response 2: See my first response.

how is the profit calculated between two of us .

Response 3: You have to figure out what you contributed and divide the equity that way. Otherwise, you would need to involve the Court

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law