Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My son is in a group home in skokie,il. We are not guardian

Customer Question
of him the state have...
My son is in a group home in skokie,il. We are not guardian of him the state have him. I was just wondering if we have right to visit him any time? Our son is slightly retarded bipolar and has learning disabilities he has ADHD. He wants to come home and they said no he will never come home to us. He wants to kill himself because he his not happy their.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
10/8/2016
Family Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Because your son is a ward of the state, it is the state of IL that has full control over who is allowed to be around your son. If you do not presently have visitation rights that might have been provided to you at the time your son was placed in the group home by an agency of the state, then in order to be allowed visitation you would have to file a petition with the court in the county where your son is living and seek visitation rights.

A local family law attorney should be able to assist you in petition the court for visitation.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do we the right to see our son?

As you have asked for a phone call, I would be happy to call you so w can discuss all of your issues. Iwill offer you that Premium Service and I'll process that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread.

After you accept my offer of the phone call, would you please provide your phone number? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

You asked for a phone call and I made that offer to you. You will need to put a check in the small box and then click on the accept icon.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law