How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9412
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was sexually abused by my baby sitters husband from ages 1

Customer Question

I was sexually abused by my baby sitters husband from ages 1 through 5. I am 37 years old now. I have supressed a lot lf the memories, but they have decided to haunt me and torture me. I have suffered from depression amd anxiety since school age. I suffer from dibilitating migraines and severe panic attacks. I thought i dealt with this a long time ago but it has resurfaced with a vengeance.
In 1997 i started college and received a call from my mother one day in November. She said the grandchild of her friend whose hisband abused me was screaming when her diaper would be changed. She was around two I believe. My mom asked me if he ever did anuthinf to me and i denied it. I panicked. A week later on mom was running around getting food ready for a house full of people. I knew she had too much on her mind with all the people and food that she would be forced to not react initially. I told her in her bedroom. She was speechless and hugged me. The next day she called his wife and made her way over. They both confronted him. He admitted to sexually molesting myself and a few others including his younger sister.
His wife left with my mom. I spoke with him on the phone with him. He promised he would get professional help and he "apologized for anything bad he caused in my life".
He has 3 children who were my childhood friends. I didnt want to ruin their lives by the world knowing their dad did such a thing and judging them etc. I did not pursue legal counsel at that time as i was told the statute of limitations was up.
I live in Mechanicsburg, PA. I know there have been man changes in the legal system to change the statutes as well as I have several credable people qho would tesrify that he admitted to sexual abuse ro myself and others.
He needs to be stopped from hurting anyone else and be punished for his arrogant behavior as he has avoided any type of legal issues. If it were murder he would be investigated. He murdered the young girl inside me over and over.
Please help me find a way to stop him😢
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

It looks like the law on this is about to be changed but there is currently a 30 year statute of limitations on these crimes.

The child who was abused in 1997 could file a police report, or any child who was abused within the last 30 years.

I hope this information is helpful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. Blessings to you and yours. ��
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

If you are satisfied, please remember to rate my answer as 3 or above; otherwise my time here is not compensated.