How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42285
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is in college and his father took him off of his

Customer Question

My son is in college and his father took him off of his health insurance. Can he be made to keep him on his insurance and pay for his tuition until he completes his degree?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 11 months ago.

Unless your settlement agreement and decree covered insurance and payment of college tuition them PA laws allows it to end at high school graduation.I am sorry I agree it was a bad thing for him to do to his child but legally it is possible to do so.Please don't shoot the messenger here.

Now if he agreed in settlement agreement or custody orders to keep paying here that is a different story.That is enforceable by contempt.You can enroll her in medicaid or Obama care.She has had a change in circumstances that allows her to enroll now.She also likely qualifies for maximum subsidy as a college student here.She might qualify for medicaid that is even better if she can.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 11 months ago.

Thanks again if you can rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.