How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31685
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I prevent a false accusation report? I am being

Customer Question

How do I prevent a false accusation report? I am being harrassed by my ex who is threatening to call and make a false report so that they come into my home. I currently have my girlfriend and her three children residing in my home with myself and my son and my ex keeps threatening me saying she will have dfs come in. Our 4 boys have gone though enough and we want to protect them. What can we do?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

HI - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Unfortunately, you can't prevent this person from filing a false report....BUT if this occurs, you can actually charge the person with malicious prosecution, making a false affidavit and abuse of process. So, you can retaliate to the false charges by filing charges of your own.

If you tell your ex that charges will be filed for making a false report, that could deter her from doing that.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will have to put our children thru the home process of an investigation even if I have proof of them threatening such as a text message saying they plan on doing just that?
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately, you can''t stop your ex from making a report.......and if that happens, child services will have to follow protocol and do its investigation, etc. But, you can charge your ex for making a false report, which would cause her trouble. Hopefully, the potential for you charging her would keep her from making a false report.

Related Family Law Questions