How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The judge has appointed temporary conservatorship to the

Customer Question

The judge has appointed temporary conservatorship to the placer county guardian, but I hav not rec any petition. I am ex felon with a very high restitution, the judge is gravely concerned bout my mother finances even tho I've been taking care of her and finances for bout 5 yrs. I don't hav the resources to hire an attorney. So my mom's attorney is against me and the investigator is too..
The guardians at coming over tmrw to sit and talk with my mom and I should I ask about the petition I never rec'd?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon Tina,

As always, my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Thanks for asking for me.

The fact is that you are not legally entitled to be served with a copy of the petition because you are neither the party that the guardianship relates to, nor are you a party to the action. It has nothing to do with your background but simply the fact that you are not directly involved with the case.

The primary petition for conservatorship is however a public record and if your guardians will not share a copy with you, you can get a copy at the local court. You will not be able to get the portion of the petition known as the Confidential Supplemental Information, because that is sealed from the public. It is on this document that the petitioner states the specific reasons for the conservatorship application. Only the attorney for your mother and the petitioner and their attorney will have access to this document.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.


Is there anything else I can assist you with today?


Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Hi Tina,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,


Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm confused when I petition for conservatory I had to notify sibling & grandchildren. The guardians don't have to?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.

Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.


Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do the placer county guardians need to notify my siblings and grandchildren also when they are granted temporary conservatorship?