How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41035
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in NZ with my daughter who has a US birth

Customer Question

I live in NZ with my daughter who has a US birth certificate. Her father resides is Fl, he is a US citizen. I wish to apply to the Florida Courts for a Child Support ORder, how do I go about this?
***** *****
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you, I'm here in NZ
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You can't call me as I'm in NZ, however I can call you, if preferred, of course I am hoping that you can refer me to an Attorney in Florida that can help me.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello, are you still there?
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 months ago.

Heather would you be able to travel to Florida for the support hearing and yes I am here.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 months ago.

You can use a Florida lawyer to file and get this started.

Lawyer Referral Service Online - Available 24/7

Phone(###) ###-####br />Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

It would be 4:00 pm in Florida so you can still call, they are eastern US time like NY.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 months ago.

The state may be able to help you too, they are slower but fees way less.

Customer Service
(all counties except Miami-Dade)

7:30 AM-6:00 PM EST Monday-Friday

Florida Relay Service-711
1-***-***-**** (TTY)

How to get child support services.

Information on the services we provide.

If you are getting child support services from us you can:

Update your personal information such as:

  • Address
  • Employment

Get your case information.

I do appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks for your patience.

If you can rate 5 stars when we are done it is always much appreciated

Florida is a little crazy today there is a hurricane coming tonight.Thanks.