How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6422
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Well i believe the cps system are trapping me i guess they

Customer Question

well i believe the cps system are trapping me i guess they opened a case on me back in june and i did not even here about it until mid aug. when i recieved a not from my childs paternal grandma ( whom works for cps) that cps called and wants to close the case now isnt that like breach of conventionality
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: washington
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no i was informed their was a meeting to present my alleged case to the commitee on the 3rd of october i was informed the friday before
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i was given no time
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

Normally, CPS must try to notify you as soon as possible when and if your child has been taken into custody due to a complaint. It must also explain why the child was removed from the home and inform you of your legal rights. You (or your attorney) also have the right to copies of the CPS records about your family. In your case, it appears that they never took your child into custody so their decision to have a hearing must have been fairly recently even if the case file was opened a while back.

If you still feel that you are being treated unfairly, then please know that Children's Administration Constituent Relations responds to questions, concerns or complaints about Child Protective Services:

Phone: 1***-***-****

Mail: Constituent Relations
DSHS Children's Administration
Post Office Box 45710
Olympia, WA.###-##-####/p>

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.