How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2156
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter is 17. I was abused by my husband and we got a

Customer Question

My daughter is 17. I was abused by my husband and we got a divorce five years ago. I also had a tramatic injury that left me unable to walk for two years. My daughter can not stand me. We have always had a home, food, clothes, vehicles, insurance, and money for extras like vacations. She says that I was/am emotionally neglectful to her and she just can not live with me anymore. So, she wants to drop out of school and move to Colorado to live with her boyfriend whose parents are very wealthy and pay his entire way of life. From what I understand, this is illegal. If I were to let her go willingly and anything were to happen to her, not only would I be absolutely destroyed in my heart and soul but also I would be held legally accountable. I'm being held in duress by her. I don't know what to do.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: We live in Lawrence, KS
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not to the police however, upon her release from the psychiatric hospital, I agreed to a safety plan
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this. At this age, fighting her on this may be difficult. Kansas does allow for a minor to be declared an adult for legal purposes. See

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
cancel this service
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

If you contact customer service they can help you cancel.