How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2130
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When would you pursue a "breach of agreement" pertaining to

This answer was rated:

When would you pursue a "breach of agreement" pertaining to a separation agreement? During Equitable Distribution or after? There was an agreement with spouse that had stayed intact for 8 years, then BAM! Then spouse acts as if it is a fault divorce and as if agreement never took place. It was Not in writing, however proven through consistant monthly actions which there is a record of.

Yes you could pursue a breach of agreement claim but I think you should file to register the agreement you have and then file a motion to enforce in family court.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.

Asad Rahman and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you