How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117368
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a child who is 16 and become extemely violent and

Customer Question

I have a child who is 16 and become extemely violent and dangerous. I am divorced but my ex husband feels he is to dangerous to have in the home. He is autistic and bi polar.
What can I do? I have a 14 year old daughter at home and I am afraid for both of us
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, your only other recourse besides finding a home for people with his disabilities and perhaps trying to qualify for medicaid to pay for it would be to file a petition in the juvenile court to have him declared unruly and ungovernable and get a court order placing him into state custody as a ward of the state for them to provide care he needs for his conduct.

Related Family Law Questions