How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28363
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

By Louisiana law divorce papers say I am the domicile parent

Customer Question

By Louisiana law divorce papers say I am the domicile parent but have joint custody. He has every other weekend. Now he want to change the times it's been after 5 years he wants one more time during the holidays.shall I change to what he wants after five years?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. It is at your discretion at this this. I say this because the divorce decree controls and what is stated within, is all that you are required to comply with and all he gets, as of now. If he wants more time during the holidays, then he would need to proceed back to court and seek to modify the decree, showing it is in the best interest of the children to allow him this additional time. Of course, you have a right to object to it and impose it but if he wants to be more active and wants more time, the Judge may be inclined to grant it, as long as there are no issues.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!