Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My ex wanted a divorce. It was granted (no problem here

Customer Question

My ex wanted a divorce. It was granted (no problem here either) Bad things, is my ex's motto. My ex is posing as me talking to my son on text messages. The only thing is I was never granted permission through the court. I never spoke to my son. because I don't believe the Judge would listen. The GAL found out that my ex is having anger issues. I haven't talked to him. The GAL has promised and failed. communications. My attorney just bailed. She took the money and ran. Never showing up and I lost everything. What to do?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: This case is in Wisconsin.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: For the last 3 years my ex has been saying no because he has an attorney.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How long does the GAL HAVE TO RESPOND
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation.

Who is the custodian of the child - you or your ex? Do you have visitation or custody?

My ex is posing as me talking to my son on text messages.
Why? What is your ex saying "as" you?

The only thing is I was never granted permission through the court.

Permission for what?

What to do?

What to do... about what? What are you attempting to achieve here?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Get my money back. It doesn't explain a thing. No help at all.
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.
No problem. However, note that I did not even have a chance to answer your question. I sent an information request (and identified it as such), to clarify your situation.
I will pass this on to customer service. Good luck in your matter.