LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

My lawyer and I are going to arbitration for fee dispute.

Customer Question

My lawyer and I are going to arbitration for fee dispute. When you make answering paper to lawyer, what is the words for "wrong charge"?
When I bring email as exhibit, I want arbitration to pay attention to exact line. Can I make underline and cross out that email that I don't need?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The term for a wrong charge would be "inappropriate charge".

As for the exhibit that you want the arbitrator to read, do not cross out the parts that you don't care if they are read. Instead just put a highlighting mark next to the critical parts of the email that you want the arbitrator to pay attention to.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is there anything that I have to be ware of?
My lawyer gave to me arbitration paper at the court. I have to make list of inappropriate charges and why. Am I going to arbitrator with my paper or first, I have to serve my paper to my lawyer?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

I have no idea what paper you are referring to. And I don't know what you mean about serving a paper. If you have exhibits to show at arbitration, it is proper to give copies of those exhibits to the other side before the arbitration.

Basically in the Arbitration, all you do is go in and explain to the Arbitrator the charges you believe are improper and show documents you have that you want the arbitrator to consider in making their decision.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My comments despaired. I ask you again that when do I have to gave to my lawyer my document? How? 10/15/16 will be 30 days after I received arbitration note.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Generally if you get the documents to the attorney a week or two before the arbitration hearing you will be fine. You can just mail the documents to the attorney.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug