How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42871
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Jefferson County, Colorado. I am disabled and I am

Customer Question

I live in Jefferson County, Colorado. I am disabled and I am in a Child Custody court case where I am Falsely accused of Domestic Abuse, a Credible Threat to our two children, ages 2, and 13. NO charges pending, domestic violence, history of violence, alcohol abuse, illegal drug use, nor proof other than allegations against me. I have not seen my children for 27 days. Our next hearing is an APR/TPO combined. How do I get the TPO Dismissed?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

You may want to draft a motion here to dissolve the TPO here.You would state what you have here that there is no charges pending, no history of violence, alcohol or drugs, or other proof.Bring any witnesses you have to your character and ability as a parent.If you have relatives, friends, neighbors that will support your motion bring them to court here.You have great facts and the court may agree.Remember this is a hearing on the merits and there does not appear to be any evidence that you have done anything and it should be dissolved by the court.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

You can get help here and free forms

The Self-Help center is located on the first floor of the main clerk’s office - the window to the right of the

Domestic window or may be reached at(###) ###-#### The Self-Help Center will serve as a resource

for litigants representing themselves.

I appreciate the chance to help you today. I wish you the best here.

If you can positive rate 5 stars when we are done it is always much appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am disabled and she is bigger than me and a black belt in Tia Kwon Do. The clerck at the courts told me it can take 26 days for my motion to go before the Judge.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

You may just have to sit tight here until the hearing on the merits is held in 28 days.Stay clean here, they could hair follicle test you.Stay away here and comply with all terms of the order.Try to be patient I know this is a frustrating and stressful time in your life.You are on informal probation they want to see if you can obey the orders, stay away , and stay out of trouble.You have to focus on doing that here and gathering any witnesses you have here.Its the best you can do and the court may dissolve this 28 days or so at the hearing.Stay strong and focus on preparing for court the best you can here.

Thanks again I truly wish you the best and appreciate the chance to chat.