How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the owner of a business here in the USA. One of my

Customer Question

I am the owner of a business here in the USA. One of my employees was ordered to pay child support in Puerto Rico. He is only left with 200.00 a month to live on. He needs someone to help him get his support payments lowered so he doesn't have to live in a junk trailer in a junk yard. He does not speak English too well but he is like our family and he is trying so hard to make it here in the US. He does not know where to get help because of the language situation. We want to try to help him.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: He lives Orlando, Fl. Our office is in Zephyrhills, Fl
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: All I know is we received child support orders from Puerto Rico for with holding from his pay check
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that the attorney needs to speak his language.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that we cannot represent anyone from this site, it is forbidden by state laws and site rules. You must get him an attorney in Puerto Rico to seek to lower his support payments and you can get one at the same sites used by other attorneys, or