S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
44472555

I need to know form numbers i need to file in cass county

Customer Question

I need to know form numbers i need to file in cass county Nebraska
1. Complaint to register a foreign judgment
2. Complaint to modify custody and support
3. Waiver of citation
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

There are no forms with those names. There is a form with a different name that is intended for registering a foreign judgment, but not the names you provide. The modification forms are not statewide templates either. What are you seeking with a "waiver of citation?"

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Those are the names i got from the atty in omaha ne. The ex wife is not fighting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The divorce and original custody took place in tx. Need to transfer to the kids current county then file for custody and change support
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

Here is the form for registering a foreign order in Nebraska District Court. The others would be pleadings you have to prepare from scratch. Does anybody still live in Texas?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

And how long have you been in Nebraska?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have been there 2yrs..
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

Ok. So there's no question that Nebraska has jurisdiction at this point, although Texas can claim jurisdiction until Nebraska asserts jurisdiction in a court case. The Waiver of Citation would only apply if the other party is waiving the requirement that s/he be served with the court papers. Is that the case?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

Well, like the modification documents, that's not a pre-created form - it must be drafted by you or by a lawyer.