How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118264
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I requested that my daughter stop receiving Psychologgical

Customer Question

I requested that my daughter stop receiving Psychologgical services from school district. I was told this needed to happen in an ARD, however I have paperwork that states I can discontinue at any time. Both parents attended the ARD and they documented in the minutes that we agree to continue services. I did not sign the informed consent however I have now withdrawn services. The meeting minutes also reflect "All teachers agree..." however all teachers on the attendance record weren't even in the room. School refuses to correct the document. What can I do?
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your next step is to inform the school that you will file a complaint to the Texas Board of Education regarding their refusal to correct the records and will pursue your complaint through them. The Texas Board of Education has the final say on these matters, so if the school refuses to correct the records, you file your complaint with them together with your proof of what happened and ask them to order the records corrected and also order that your child stop receiving services you do not agree for her to receive.