How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2171
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had a judgement rendered on a divorce. It has been a

Customer Question

I have had a judgement rendered on a divorce. It has been a particularly contentious divorce. In the judgement i received joint custody, however there are some issues that i believe were overlooked. My attorney and i provided a alter, amend or vacate. My ex- and her attorney had a response which there were several serious attempts to basically fabricate testimony that did not exist in our divorce trial. My attorney and i agreed that really at this point i could draft a reply pointing these issues out - my stance has been to simply quote and provide the time from the DVD of the trial showing that they were lying. IN fact there has been a lot of dishonesty on their part so i crafted a reply where i asked the judge to hold them in contempt for purjury -Initially the pre- rulings stated that they granted me a reply to their response. I wanted to get additional time ( though i was mostly done) however i was denied this extra time. I was surprised to receive yesterday a denial of the reply - i was concerned that this was in error. IF this was not in error what are my options? Should i then craft a separate motion to the court regarding this? If so i am concerned about timeframe . Thank you . By the way this is in KY family court ( jefferson county)
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 12 months ago.

You have some options. You can appeal to the higher court or file a motion for new trial. The motion for new trial would go before the same judge.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you Asad. I just found out that the judge's assistant is actually going to get the order and have a motion to have it read by the judge- i guess they misunderstood what i was asking for .
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 12 months ago.

That would be optimal as the options I outlined could be costly and long.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.