Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

I just drafted my own Waiver of Prosecution Agreement form.

Customer Question

Hello, I just drafted my own Waiver of Prosecution Agreement form. Can you please review it and let me know if this document will pass legally?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 12 months ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Is this the form you are asking about?

If so, did you want to upload your copy and let me know which specific sections you have questions about?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

No that is not the form I used. I did compose one myself to exchange

no prosecution-immunity for a non-stalking type of future protection form.

How do I upload my copy?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

How do I upload my copy?

Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

Please contact customer service to learn how to upload the form. You can use the one I sent as a go-by to correct or revise the one you made yourself. Also, if you are making your own version, you can add language in there that states that you have not been offered or received any monetary consideration in exchange for signing the waiver.

Yes, you may still be able to file a civil suit so long as you waiver does not state that the reason you are signing the waiver is that the suspect has not engaged in any wrongful or improper conduct.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hello, Maverick. Here is the copy I drafted.

Attachment: 2016-10-05_233842_waiver_of_prosecution_agreement.pdf

Elizabeth:

I have read your draft and it generally looks good. However, I am not able to make any specific recommendations or suggest any specific modifications as that would fall in the realm of offer you specific legal advice for this situation. As per JA's site disclaimers, if you want legal advice, you must formally hire a lawyer of your choice.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Ok, thank you for taking the time to review it.

You are welcome. Have a nice weekend...