How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have just been notified about a Motion filed by my former

Customer Question

I have just been notified about a Motion filed by my former wife for alimony and other complaints on a JOD filed 10 years ago. The Jurisdiction is New Jersey.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New Jersey
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I received a copy of the complaint by First Class Mail and I expect a Certifed Mailing to follow. I reside in Florida
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The JOD filed in 2006 provided for a large cash settlement with no provision for alimony unless my earned income increased. I am 72 years old, on social security, and re-married
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for using Just Answer. I'm Stacy. Is there a specific question you'd like me to answer based on this motion?