How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9337
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have. A girlfriend.she have a 3 y/o daughter. She had a

Customer Question

I have. A girlfriend.she have a 3 y/o daughter. She had a boyfriend but now they separated. The parentso of her wants to to be with another guy but the parents dont want the guy. She is over 21 and never married. She and her boyfriend is a nurse. Do the parents have the right to stop them from letting the relationship from happening.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I assume she is not under a conservatorship or guardianship but is competent.

The answer is No, you wrote that she is 21 so her parents have no veto power over her decisions, romantic or other. She can join the army or get married or move to Kathmandu without her parents' permission.

I hope this information is helpful.

Related Family Law Questions