Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

INTERESTED IN GETTING A SPERM DONOR AGREEMENT MADE UP I NEED

Customer Question
HI INTERESTED IN GETTING A...
HI INTERESTED IN GETTING A SPERM DONOR AGREEMENT MADE UP I NEED TO LOCATE ONE IN STATEN ISLAND NY
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: DONT UNDERSTAND
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I NEED TO HAVE A CONTRACT MADE UP STATING DONOR HAS NO OBLIGATIONS OF AN KIND NO CHILD SUPPORT NO VISITATIONS NO DECISIONS MADE IN RELIGIOUS UPBRING
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: STATEN ISLAND NEW YORK
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: THE DONOR IS TO NEVER BE STATED VERBALY OR ON BIRTH CERTIFICATE
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
9/26/2016
Family Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 1 year ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Dear Customer,

I can provide you with a sample sperm donor contract (see: http://www.therainbowbabies.com/pdf/Sample_Donor_Contract.pdf, there are others out there that you may want to review to see if they better fit your needs), but I would strongly encourage you to speak to a local family law attorney to help you draft your agreement.

• (I know you did not come to this site to be told "go hire a lawyer" - but in New York in particular, following 2013 courts have been found to invalidate at least some of these contracts, therefore it is critically important to have yours drafted carefully if you are concerned about the outcome and maximum enforceablility of the contract after the child is born - these post 2013 decisions have granted some parental rights to sperm donors (which I gather is what you are concerned about here, and what I am encouraging you to speak to a local family law attorney for as opposed to using a basic form template)).
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney