How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2983
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My granddaughter broke her elbow on Thursday. Her

Customer Question

My granddaughter broke her elbow on Thursday. Her grandfather and I sent balloons and snacks via our florist. They were declined. I am the paternal grandmother and want to personally deliver to Morgan. What are my legal rights. She declined my son of seeing Her last evening after work.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using

Pennsylvania laws are somewhat confusing because they do not use the term "visitation." Instead they refer to seven different types of custody. Grandparents are, however, mentioned specifically as being eligible for two kinds: "partial physical custody" and "supervised physical custody" (visitation). When grandparents win "partial physical custody," they can take grandchildren on outings and trips. When grandparents win "supervised physical custody," the child's custodial parent will decide where contact takes place.

Grandparents may file for visitation only in specific circumstances: if the parent who is their child has died; if the parents are divorced; or if the parents have filed for divorce or have been separated for six months or more.

In these circumstances, the court is instructed to consider the amount of personal contact that took place before the application. If the child resided with the grandparent for twelve months or more and was removed from the grandparent's home by parents, the court may award partial physical custody or supervised physical custody, but suit must be filed within six months after the removal. So if these situations do not describe your situation, you will not have standing to bring suit for visitation unfortunately as PA state law does not allow for court ordered visitation otherwise.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated. See link for how to rate:http://

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Was that the answer you were looking for? Please give me some feedback if not as I want to satisfy my customers. If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as this is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site. See "rate an answer" on the following link for how to do so:

Thank you in advance.