How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117385
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother, 76 years old, had a car wreck in May. She pulled

Customer Question

My mother, 76 years old, had a car wreck in May. She pulled thru it, Thank God. I took her to see her great grandson, who has spent just about all his life with her and my father. They got very atatched to him. Payed for all his lunch at school, bought school clothes, and anything he needed. my daughter married again. Her husband has started throwing fits on my mother now. He shouts at her, and the day I took her to see my grand son, the husband told her that his wife's, my daughter, side of the family were not welcome in his home, or around his wife. My mother got upset and told my daughter that that child was just as close to her as he was her(my daughter). My son in law got mad and called the law, and told them we were not welcome there. He told my daughter that she had to choose between us or him. She chose him. How do we go about sueing over this verbal abuse to us, and also he was saying these things in front of my grandson?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, as a grandmother, she has no legal recourse. The US Supreme Court has stated the rights to decide for the child belong to the biological parent and it is a basic civil right. So, it is the MOTHER of the grandchild who needs to step up and actually do something about her abusive husband. If your daughter does not stand up to this abusive bully she has married, who now seems to be intent on controlling her whole life, then legally there is nothing you can do about this. Your daughter has to do anything that needs to be done.

Related Family Law Questions