How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is paying about 1,200 dollars in child support

Customer Question

hello, my husband is paying about 1,200 dollars in child support and is looking to get it reevaluated because the amount is garnishing his pay check. however we don't have any money to pay for a lawyer to speed up the porcess.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: it is in florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: the child support is enforced through the state. He has a custody agreement in place as well, but that is as far as it has gone.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes that he is in the military and when the child support was first established we lived off base but now that we have a child together we moved on base and the amount of child support is basically garnishing his paycheck because we no longer receive BAH
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Would you like the forms so they can be filed "in pro per" (without an attorney)?