How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalGems Your Own Question
LegalGems, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 10484
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LegalGems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there a "form" I ned to use to acknowledge "recipe" of

Customer Question

Is there a "form" I ned to use to acknowledge "recipe" of service from my wife attorney, they are the counter respondent.....court clear said I can write basically.....anything acknowledging I received their service and will file a request for a court date along with discovery questions
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And to clarify, can you tell me what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: tx
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: can't afford one, having to do it pro se....I know this isn't smart....however I was injured on the job, wife cleared the accounts, maxed the cards, assaulted me, admitted to it on police body cam....coulnt bring myself to having her arrested, why the sheriff didn't do it regardless...its the law, no family violence tolerance....hoever, this ids the boat I have to paddle and I am doing what I can I have filed for a protective order and will serve her with that if approved by the court.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I just really need to know what to do to file the answer of recipe of service within the 20 + one monday deadline to her attorney to avoid being found in default
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

what state is this in regards ***** *****?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Here is the form to use when one waives service:


There is no standardized form for acknowledgment of service in family court, but this can be used as a sample -

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars *****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service.

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.