How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42326
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a custody question. I had temporary and physical

Customer Question

I have a custody question. I had temporary and physical custody of my grand daughter. But 1 1/2 weeks ago physical custody was removed because my son used my address for his registration his is suppose to register as a sex offender when his offense happened when he was 12 years old he is now 28, however I did not know he did this. He does not live with me. GAL and social services think I put the bond up for him. It was my parents that did. I did pass a home inspection and in court the said I pass a home inspection. They were talking about me adopting my grand daughter. Now what I need to know can they use this against me in obtaining abortion of my grand daughter and custody.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing against my son or me have been filed or reported.Social Services and GAL knew about my son during this whole case which is almost 2 years old. However never had contact with him until just recently and I told social service he came back to Colorado and she said he can me unsupervised around my grand daughter which he never was.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Think I mentioned everything
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

You would be fine here but the son likely has to move out if you want he child.They would only have problems with child being adopted and placed with you is he is in the home.He is going to have to relocate because he is a registered sex offender.You have to decide if you want the child he will have to reside elsewhere and they would have to verify that.

You need to explain to them that son erroneously listed your house and his address for registration.You likely have to sign statement that he will not be around child without their permission.I would try to resolve this with children's services and see they will agree to reconsider if the son has relocated elsewhere. Argue that it is in the best interest of the grandchild to live with you .

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is always much appreciated.Thanks again.