How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where are you located? I need answers for Kansas. Not

Customer Question

Where are you located? I need answers for Kansas.
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: Not really. Don't have a lot of money.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that I can handle some of the issues Pro Se, but need the presence of an attorney. Want to be able to ask for mediation. Also is there a way to have a voice for my 2 children, currently 12 and 9.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
We cannot be present or represent you but we can answer any questions you may have about your situation. You also cannot legally represent your children specifically, that would require appointment of a guardian ad litem, an independent person to represent their rights.