How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 29814
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My called4 days in a row the police,cps Did show up 8 days

Customer Question

My called4 days in a row the police,cps Did show up 8 days later. However my 16 year started this. From beating then to no food to mecyelling at them,on the last day he accused me of being on meth. The cops asked to sear check my house. They found some sort of parainalia...was not mine!!!! I was not drunk nor high. So they didn't remove then kids. They we were back again and did detain some pars finial. I was not charged on any crimes nor arrested. Cpa left me a not on door lady Fri and said to call. I did and they set up an appt for the 21st. She mother swabbed me here and said if I was dirty they would work with me. Shouldi hire and attorney? I know I smoked meth 2 weeks ago. Will they automatically take kids
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 10 months ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Because the consequences to you are so severe if CPS believes your ex, it is in your best interests to hire a lawyer. They will investigate to see if there is any basis for the things he is saying, but if the drug test returns a positive result for meth, it is likely they will take your kids, at least temporarily. In that scenario, the children would usually go to stay with their other parent. You'd be able to request visitation. Most judges will ask you to take some kind of drug treatment program and prove sobriety for a set amount of time before reconsidering custody. Hiring a lawyer now could help.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

You should also be prepared to introduce any evidence you have that the other allegations were false, and a lawyer can assist with that, too.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Do you have any other questions about this?