How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19285
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just found out my husband has hired a PI. He is cheating

Customer Question

I just found out my husband has hired a PI. He is cheating and divorcing me so I think he is trying to see if I make a mistake with the baby to take him away. What should I do?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: GA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Just the divorce papers
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My question hasn't got answered....
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Kindly note that I just came across your post as it was posted during the hours most Professionals are not online.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

There is nothing you can do except going about your daily activities as usual; making sure that your husband is not given any legitimate reason to try take away the child from you by making sure that the child is taken care as you usually do.

In a custody dispute, the Court would make a decision based on what is in the best interests of the child by looking at the living arrangement of the parties to the custody dispute, their lifestyles, associations, parenting skills, education opportunity for the child, etc. If the Court finds after reviewing these factors that the child would be better off living with you, the Court would grant you custody of the child. Otherwise, the Court would rule in favor of your spouse. So, it is very important that you tell the Court any and all reasons why you should be given custody and why the Court should not give custody to your spouse; any witnesses should be brought to the Court to testify. Remember that the Court can only make decision based on the evidence presented to the Court.

You cannot ask the Court to force him to stop the PI, unfortunately.

Goodluck with your case,