Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

My friend Julia is in a divorce case, and her x husbands

Customer Question

My friend Julia is in a nasty divorce case, and her x husbands lawyer should have been reported in to the board and loose her license. Is it only her x that has the possibility to do something about this particular lawyer doing in my view extremely immoral and costly things in this case to wear my friend down. In this case the x husband told the lawyer that he wanted to end a TRO, and there was no need for a hearing about it, the lawyer went to court pretending she knew nothing about it etc. This to drag the case out in time and use this TRO as leverage against her own clients written wishes. Can something be done? This is on top of a lot of other lyes, and my client has to answer to so many things, 60.000 dollars and they are not even finished yet. No children, and not even a difficult case. This lawyer is just asking for things to make everything expensive for my friend, so she should give up everything. The lyes is hard to listen to. She gets away with everything,….
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately your friend does not have standing to pursue a claim against her ex's attorney or to file a complaint but she can file a motion for sanctions in court so that she can bring the conduct to the judge's attention and get attorney fees or a fine against them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can she file a sanction? Is that easy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would rather write. Not good at speaking english.

Yes in the divorce case, you file a "Motion for Sanctions" and explain the conduct.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, but then it is perhaps better for you to talk to Julia when she comes home. She will return in about 30 minutes. She sais her attorney advised against it. I have told her she has been taken for a ride. Her attorneys have secreteries charging 225 per hour.
I will be back when Julia returns ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is just delivering something, and will be back shortly.

Sure, that is fine. I should still be on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already paid 52, and i would rather have some advice for the money i already paid, if you dont mind.

That's fine. I'm online still so when she comes, we can chat here or do a phone call for the extra charge, whichever you prefer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What happens if I open your responces? Am i being charged? Julia is here now?
Can you call(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is Julia

I can only call if you guys agree to the additional charge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fee I already paid, what about that?

That covers our Q and A via text/chat.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For how long can she talk to you for 59 dollars?

not really about the length, as long as we are on the same subject then that is fine. if we start getting on to other subjects, then just answer suggests we either charge for additional q/a time or a phone call.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think this is just a to vague answer and i guess i dont trust this type of sights. If it was a set amount of minutes at least it would be something more precise. Have a nice evening.

Have Julia take a look at what I suggested above. Let me know if you have any related questions. Her attorneys should have sought this when the other side sought frivolous claims.

They could get the court to order her to pay their fees for her frivolous activities as well as they can report her to the bar as fellow attorneys.

I'm happy to try and help and go into greater detail as needed. If not, I wish her and you the best of luck.