How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like some advice on the divorce case. The situation

Customer Question

I would like some advice on the divorce case. The situation is as follows:
1. I am the mother, I make more money than the father
2. The children are physically with me 70 percent of the year
3. The father wants 50/50 custody on the divorce paper where as in reality the children are with me 70% of the time.
4. He's not after money, he aggrees to wave the alimony/child support fees.
5. His reason for this request is because he doesn't want me to move the childen to another state without his consent.
6. My concern is I am physically caring for them 70% of the time, and I don't want to put 50/50 on the forms
Question: other than money, if i Put down 50/50 custody, what other impacts will I have?
please email me at***@******.*** or call me at(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I want to make sure I this an uncontested divorce? So neither of you have attorneys?