How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am divorced, and we have together a reverse mortgage.

Customer Question

I am divorced, and we have together a reverse mortgage. Recent hail damage insurance issued check to mortgage company. Mortgage company issued partial check, but both our names are ***** ***** I can not cash, she refuses to sign.
Mortgage company will not bend, Bank would cash it if a signature guarantee was available. I am stuck, do I file court papers to remove her from Reverse Mortgae loan, and will tyhat affect the loan?
I am retired Army and in a delima
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 10 months ago.


1. Is your ex-spouse still named as an owner on title to the property?

2. If yes, then did your final decree/judgment of divorce provide any orders concerning the property's disposition?

3. If yes, then what are those final orders?

Sorry, to ask so many questions, but you have a difficult legal problem, and I need sufficient info to provide a competent answer.

Thanks in advance for using Justanswer.