How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im going thru a custody battle, all im asking is to see my

Customer Question

Im going thru a custody battle, all im asking is to see my kids weekly or get physical custody. Ever seen i filed, mother is making false report with child service and police trying to win in court. I havent done anything at out the ordinary. In fact mother been preventing visitation and daily calls for over a year. First case mother file with ACS, ACS said is indicated im not sure based on what exactly because i never had hitting my kids but they said mother claim i have. what maybe be the outcome on based on this information
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: New York, NYC
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: i have a lawyer, i feel hes talking thing calm, im under pressure everyday and is giving anxiety. im not sure if that is how family lawyer are trained or is just him
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we are in a process of whats called forensic, how efective is that in custody case? and how ACS case affect in the custody case?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 10 months ago.


I regret you are having difficulties with your child custody issues. I have been where you are -- both as a lawyer and as a parent going through divorce.

"Forensics," under NY domestic relations law, is commonly known as "custody evaluation" practically everywhere else in the USA. The basic process is intended to evaluate each parent and determine which one is more likely to serve the child's best interests.

I see you've just asked to receive a phone consultation. I'll be happy to send you a premium services offer. If you accept, then we can communicate directly. If not, then we can continue in this text-based forum.

Thanks in advance for your confidence and for using Justanswer!

Expert:  socrateaser replied 10 months ago.

You appear to have decided against the premium services offer. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Related Family Law Questions