Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I signed baby's Birth certificate 2012 found out 2015 he

Customer Question
wasn't mine. need name removed...
I signed baby's Birth certificate 2012 found out 2015 he wasn't mine. need name removed
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
9/19/2016
Family Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law

Good afternoon Micah,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You will need to file a Motion for the Disestablishment of Paternity pursuant to MCL(###) ###-####to revoke the acknowledgment of parentage. You will need a court order for DNA testing and then if you can show that you are not the father, the court can order that you are not the legal father and eliminate any child support that you may be paying.

You can then apply to Amend the birth certificate.

Realistically, you will want an attorney to assist you with this complex petition and to ensure that you are not stuck with child support for the next 15 years.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law